It’s not good. Not bad. But it sure as hell ain’t ugly. In this post I talk about how I finished McCree’s Peacekeeper.
Print Time: 18 Hours 38 Minutes
Post-Processing Time: Roughly 52 Hours
It was printed with a total of 22 parts with settings ranging from .1 to .15 layer height and 15-20% infill.
Some parts were printed as halves, so they needed to be glued together before the majority of the sanding. I avoided using XTC 3D because of the tight tolerances of all the pieces.
The parts were sprayed with filler primer, then sanded with 100-200 grit sandpaper. I worked my way through primer and sandpaper by getting higher in grit number and using flat red primer instead of filler primer.
Once all of the pieces were polished with 1000-1200 grit sandpaper, it was time to paint! I separated the pieces by color: aluminum, dark gray, and wood. This didn’t include the blue highlights (those were painted by hand with a fine brush and acrylic). I didn’t take photos of spray painting, but all I did was use Rust-oleum solid colors.
The small detailed prints were glued on with superglue after painting.
The barrel wasn’t completely aluminumm – there is some smoke residue on the edge of the barrel. I mixed black, silver, and copper and airbrushed the tip. Lastly, I airbrushed 2 coats of varnish to seal the paint.